Road Projects Affecting Traffic Around University of Michigan Hospitals
Please be advised that Glen Avenue between Ann Street and Catherine Street in Ann Arbor is currently closed for emergency road repairs. Drivers should avoid the area until further notice.
Southbound Glen Avenue traffic will be detoured west on Fuller Street/Depot Street then south on Main Street, then east on Huron Street, back to Glen Avenue. Northbound Glen Avenue traffic will be detoured west on Huron Street, then north on State Street, then east Depot Street/Fuller Street, back to Glen Avenue.
The duration of this closure is unknown at this time.
Glen Avenue from Catherine Street to East Ann Street Closure
The southbound lane of Glen Avenue (between Catherine Street and Ann Street), along with the north lane of Ann Street will be closed for the duration of a new hotel construction project adjacent to U-M property beginning Monday, April 18th and will continue until November 2024.
Pedestrian traffic will also be rerouted away from the construction area. Expect constant construction vehicle traffic during this time.
New Adult Hospital Construction
Construction has begun on the new adult hospital to be located adjacent to the Frankel Cardiovascular Center and fencing has been installed around the construction site. The fencing will remain in place through 2024. Here is some important information about factors that may affect your hospital visit:
- Traffic: There will be ongoing, intermittent lane closures on and around Catherine Street, but access to the Frankel Cardiovascular Center (and parking for the cardiovascular center) on Observatory will remain open. Parking: Approximately 15 metered parking spaces along Ann Street will become unavailable when fencing is installed.
- Dust Exposure and Masks: Please be assured that we will make great efforts to keep dust exposure to a minimum. However, patients should be aware of the potential for exposure and should use a mask if you have any dust and mold sensitivities. You will be notified of this recommendation via your appointment reminders, and masks will be available at the entrances and exists close to the construction site.
- Signs and Wayfinding: Signs will be posted around campus to assist pedestrians. View a wayfinding map of the hospital campus during construction (PDF).
Other Traffic Advisories
You may learn about other key construction projects that may affect your hospital visit by visiting the Road and Lane Closures page on the City of Ann Arbor website.
- MDOT (Michigan Department of Transportation)
- City of Ann Arbor Road and Lane Closures
- Ann Arbor Area Transit Authority (AAATA) Bus Detours, Routes and Schedules
- University of Michigan Parking & Transportation Services