Road Projects Affecting Traffic Around University of Michigan Hospitals
Broadway Bridge Preventative Maintenance Repairs
Tuesday, March 9, at 8 a.m.–Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Temporary Traffic Control Plan: Broadway traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction across the bridges to allow the work to proceed. Pedestrian traffic travelling along Broadway will be diverted to the opposite side of street to allow the work to proceed. Signs directing pedestrians will be erected onsite.
For the safety of all, please reduce speeds and drive cautiously through the construction area. The city thanks motorists in advance for their patience.
More information can be found on the City of Ann Arbor bridge project webpage.
New Adult Hospital Construction
Construction has begun on the new adult hospital to be located adjacent to the Frankel Cardiovascular Center and fencing has been installed around the construction site. The fencing will remain in place through 2024. Here is some important information about factors that may affect your hospital visit:
- Traffic: There will be ongoing, intermittent lane closures on and around Catherine Street, but access to the Frankel Cardiovascular Center (and parking for the cardiovascular center) on Observatory will remain open.
- Parking: Approximately 15 metered parking spaces along Ann Street will become unavailable when fencing is installed.
- Dust Exposure and Masks: Please be assured that we will make great efforts to keep dust exposure to a minimum. However, patients should be aware of the potential for exposure and should use a mask if you have any dust and mold sensitivities. You will be notified of this recommendation via your appointment reminders, and masks will be available at the entrances and exists close to the construction site.
- Signs and Wayfinding: Signs will be posted around campus to assist pedestrians. View a wayfinding map of the hospital campus during construction (PDF).
Other Traffic Advisories
You may learn about other key construction projects that may affect your hospital visit by visiting the Road and Lane Closures page on the City of Ann Arbor website.
- MDOT (Michigan Department of Transportation)
- City of Ann Arbor Road and Lane Closures
- Ann Arbor Area Transit Authority (AAATA) Bus Detours, Routes and Schedules
- University of Michigan Parking & Transportation Services