Road Projects Affecting Traffic Around University of Michigan Hospitals
Medical Campus - Maiden Lane Road Closure (October 6-19)
Beginning on Tuesday, October 6th, and extending through Monday, October 19, Maiden Lane will be closed in both directions between Plymouth Road and Nielsen Court for utility work associated with the Wall Street West Parking Structure. See the Maiden Lane temporary detour map for details.
Details on AAATA bus route detours.
North & Medical Center Campuses - Fuller Road, Catherine Street & Maiden Lane Court Lane Closures (October 2-9)
Multiple lane closures will be in place, as shown below, for traffic signal work:
- Fuller Road at Mitchell Field (October 2-6)
- Maiden Lane Court at Maiden Lane (October 2-6)
- Catherine Street at Glen Avenue (October 6-9)
Two-way traffic and bike lanes will be maintained with flaggers.
Please use extra caution when driving in these areas.
See the Maiden Lane temporary detour map for details.
Work on this sanitary sewer project resumed in Spring of 2020.
- Fuller Street from State Street to Glen/Fuller Road is closed until late August.
- Traffic coming from M-14/US-23 will be detoured south on Main Street to East Huron Street. Then east on Huron Street, north on Glen Ave./Fuller Road to the academic medical center.
- Traffic going to M-14/US-23 will be detoured south on Glen Ave./Fuller Road, then west on Huron Street and north on Main Street.
- Detour signs and construction barriers will be posted through the duration of the project.
New Adult Hospital Construction
Construction has begun on the new adult hospital to be located adjacent to the Frankel Cardiovascular Center and fencing has been installed around the construction site. The fencing will remain in place through 2024. Here is some important information about factors that may affect your hospital visit:
- Traffic: There will be intermittent lane closures on Catherine Street through summer 2020.
- Parking: Approximately 15 metered parking spaces along Ann Street will become unavailable when fencing is installed.
- Dust Exposure and Masks: Please be assured that we will make great efforts to keep dust exposure to a minimum. However, patients should be aware of the potential for exposure and should use a mask if you have any dust and mold sensitivities. You will be notified of this recommendation via your appointment reminders, and masks will be available at the entrances and exists close to the construction site.
- Signs and Wayfinding: Signs will be posted around campus to assist pedestrians. View a wayfinding map of the hospital campus during construction (PDF).
Other Traffic Advisories
You may learn about other key construction projects that may affect your hospital visit by visiting the Road and Lane Closures page on the City of Ann Arbor website.
- MDOT (Michigan Department of Transportation)
- City of Ann Arbor Road and Lane Closures
- Ann Arbor Area Transit Authority (AAATA) Bus Detours, Routes and Schedules
- University of Michigan Parking & Transportation Services